Monday, April 27, 2009

Oven Fries

I made some pretty good oven fries last night. Everybody liked them, which is quite a feat. I didn't take a picture, but will next time. I froze some to bake later. I believe using fresh garlic is the key to this recipe. I used to use the jarred stuff, but now that I've started using fresh.....I'll never go back.

4 baking potatoes
1 large or 2 small cloves FRESH garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp. italian seasoning
2 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
2-3 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. black pepper

Preheat oven to 450. Cover 2 cookie sheets with foil and spray with Pam. Peel the potatoes (or don't), cut in half lengthwise and slice into equal sized wedges. Put them all in a Ziploc and add rest of the ingredients. Seal the Ziploc and rub/toss to coat. Spread the wedges out evenly in one layer. Bake for 35-45 minutes turning twice so that they brown evenly.

This recipe would serve 8 people. I froze some to bake at a later date.

0 comments: