Friday, January 30, 2009

New Salad Creation

I've been incorporating at least one salad night per week. This week we had taco salads with spinach as the "green." I had leftover taco meat, so it worked great.

Then, I concocted this recipe based on one I had at a restaurant. It was good! G chose to use his chicken for a spinach caesar, but I forgave him Ü. Cheese and "weird" dressing freak him out.


















4 cups baby spinach
2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2-3 Tbs. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
sprinkling of sliced almonds for crunch
5-6 Tbs. homemade balsamic vinaigrette

Divide ingredients between 2 plates and enjoy.

Balsamic Vinaigrette:
3 Tbs. olive oil
4 Tbs. balsamic vinegar (I could eat this every day)
juice of 1/2 lemon
cracked black pepper, to taste

This recipe makes enough for 4-5 individual salads. However.....I dress Bill and my salads lightly.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I need spinach picking lessons. That night I had it at your house it was great. At restaurants I think it's...well...to use your word...vile.