Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Granite Layout, Etc.

Yesterday we went to the granite shop to look at our slabs and layout where we want the counters cut from. As has been the case throughout this remodeling adventure, the fabricator was extremely helpful in the process. He explained that the two slabs we ended up with were cut out of the mountain at the same time and were almost mirror images of each other. That made the layout process easier. He showed us how to layout the templates so that the counters would follow the natural flow of the stone. Who knew?

While we were at the granite shop Jed installed the light above the sink area and all off the crown molding, upper cabinet doors, and knobs. It's looking pretty good! Today the floor goes in which means my dining room will be out of my living room. Yay!






2 comments:

BFF Rose said...

Oh my gosh... it's so PRETTY! I love the color of wood. It will be very timeless. And looking at your sink light fixture, I think you'll be soooo glad you picked out the matching faucet, don't you?

Lookin' good! :)

Lisa said...

It's really comin' together. Yay for you! Have a good 4th if I don't talk to ya.