Monday, October 20, 2008

Orange Chicken

It's finally crock pot season again! I love putting dinner in the crock pot in the morning and then not worrying about what I'm going to make when I get home. It's the best. Here is a recipe I started making a couple years ago. It's easy and economical.

















Orange Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 small onion, diced (about 1/2 cup worth)
1/2 cup Catalina dressing (I use light or fat free)
2/3 of an 18 ounce jar orange marmalade
black pepper to taste

Spray the crockpot with Pam. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot and top with the onions and a light sprinkle of black pepper. Stir the dressing and marmalade together in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. I serve it over rice.

The sauce is very thin and I've toyed with the idea of taking the chicken out and adding some cornstarch to 1/2 cup of the liquid, then stirring the cornstarch mix into the rest of the liquid for a thicker sauce. Let me know if you try that.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

G came to visit me after this dinner and I heard how much of a hit it is.

Gardner Momma said...

I am def. going to try this one! I love crock pot recipes.