Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sometimes.......

Last night I was trying to get Bill to engage in a dinner time conversation instead of reading the paper. He kept getting distracted until I asked him to look at me so that I knew I had his attention. This is how it went:

Me: Billy, look at me when I'm talking to you (a bit motherly sounding, but necessary in the moment). I need to know if you want to go to Ree's party tomorrow and I'll go to Hammie's. This isn't a big decision, I just need to know.

Bill: I can't

Me: You can't what?

Bill: Yeah

Me: Yeah, to what, you can look at me or you'll go to Ree's party?

Bill: Okay

Me: Look at ME!

Bill: I can't because when I look at you, it's like looking at the sun.

Me: What?

Bill: It's like I see this horrible glare and it hurts my eyes. I can't. (shielding his eyes dramatically)

Me: (Laughing hysterically, not able to catch my breath. Composing…)Do you want to go to Ree's party?

Billy: Yes, that'll be fine.

OMGOSH!!!

4 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

Imagine having him for a big brother!!

Melanie said...

Um, I can't.

Lisa said...

Mom and I are laughing out loud! Hilarious.

Melanie said...

Just another day.....Ü