Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kindergarten Registration

Bill went to sign Hammie up for preschool this morning. We went to a meeting last week to collect all the forms (no lie, there were 8 to fill out and about as many to explain how to complete them). I diligently completed them and double checked to make sure my i's were dotted and t's were crossed. I gave him specific instructions last night to watch the secretary date and time our forms to ensure that our precious boy would get into full-day kindergarten. There is only one full-day class, so it's quite competetive. Then I filed everything into a folder (the folder had a huge picture of Zac Efron on it HA!!) by order of importance and told him to that his child's kindergarten future rested solely on his shoulders. So don't screw it up.

Bill called me when he got home from registration and dropping the littles at preschool. He said he was there right on time (yes there were time rules) and some people had somehow already signed up. Dirty pool!!! He nervously asked the secretary if she thought we would be okay and she said she didn't know why not. I hope she's right!

Ree is already pretty good to go. I have a few loose ends to tie up, but we're just about there. I'm making it seem easier than it really was/is. We had a formal meeting to figure her kindergarten life out, plus we talked to the principal at her new school last week at the kindergarten info meeting. She will be getting some speech and occupational therapy a few times a week next year, so she is going to a school quite a distance from our house so she can get what she needs. It's a really good thing she likes the bus since it looks like she will be bussing a lot.

I'm pretty sure it's easier to sign up for the military than kindergarten these days! I can't wait for first grade because both kids will be in the same school, all day. That will be a blessing.

Next up......G has to start the WASL in a week or two. Which means going to bed on time and eating right so his brain functions at peak performance. That's easier said than done with a teenage boy who is a night owl, non-breakfast eater.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Now that I'm crying thinking about having to do this myself I'm going to bed so I'm at peak performance tomorrow. HA