Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where've I been?

Hello friends and relatives. I haven't been blogging much lately. What have I been doing, you ask? Here are some pictures to catch you up.

First, we celebrated our 10th anniversary. Bill and I stayed at a lovely hotel, went out to dinner, and enjoyed some peace and quiet. My Mom, otherwise known as Yay, stayed at our house with the children. Here are some pictures of my anni roses, and the view from the hotel.





















Then I started stalking, I mean, visiting my area fruit stand. For the last several years I've really wanted to buy huckleberries, but then I don't because they're expensive. Purple gold, I tell ya. This year I broke down and bought some. Twice. I've made jam, scones, ice cream, and frozen plenty for waffles, more scones, smoothies, martinis, bellini's, daiquiris, whatever.

Next my sister's boyfriend's siblings (still with me?) asked if my parents could bring some of my peach jam when they visit Lori and John in Georgia this week. I brought some as a gift when I visited in May. Problem was, I only had 1 jar left. So I went and bought peaches to make jam, plus two batches of muffins. (I'm somewhat obsessed with freezing baked goods. Hey, there's much worse things I could be doing.) Here's some pictures of my ice cream, jams, and scones.




















Let's see what else has kept me from blogging...... I made a batch of chocolate zuchinni muffins that I froze (don't make fun), and then there's always this. Lots and lots and lots and lots of this:

4 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

I do NOT think that it is kind of you to describe, and then post pictures of all your yummy treats without offering samples. :-) Seriously - reading all of this fills me with all sort of mommy guilt because I never, ever bake for my family. I think they would like to adopt you.

Lisa said...

I too NEVER bake. And I managed to start a fire in the oven tonight so I don't think baking is in my future either. HA! Life goes on. Angie, our kids will survive, hers will just be happier.

Melanie said...

Oh, come on now. You're both awesome Moms! I bake to relieve stress. Plus, if I'm busy doing something H & H have a tendency to occupy themselves more. Hammie has started helping me measure. He helps me pour the ingredients in.

Gardner Momma said...

You're lucky.... if I'm doing something B & S think they have to be hanging onto my legs... either that or they also like to "help" but that doesn't always work out so well.