Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Latest Bike Accident

I came home from work Friday night and took a rare nap. The whole entire family ('cept me) has had a nasty cold, and I was feeling over-tired so I laid down. I got up and walked out of our room in ancient pajama pants and one of Bill's undershirts. At the end of the hall there were 2 extra teenagers sitting in our living room looking at me. So, back down the hall I retreated to put on a nicer top and my jeans. Bill and the little kids came back to tell me they had ordered pizza for everyone and that G had gotten in a slightly worse bike accident than the last one. Here is the story of the latest wreck.

G was out riding bikes with some friends. He went over a jump and wrecked. Apparently some younger kids were messing with the jumps and G didn't realize there was a lip at the base of the one he was going over. I don't really understand jump design, but apparently this was a big deal. Amazingly he's not all that sore. He has a numb area on his hip owie, which I'm assuming is a bit of nerve damage that will heal with time. He's hoping for some "good scars." Here are some pictures of the carnage.




1 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

Ow!! Poor G. From the looks of it I'm sure he'll get his "cool" scars.