Saturday, February 21, 2009

Craft Supply Nightmare

I've almost posted pictures of this BIG project several times, but shame and embarrassment have won out and I abort the post. It's shocking how much stuff I have accumulated/bought over the last several years and the MESS is just horrible.

Now that I've made decent progress, I feel a little more comfortable sharing. Plus Lori and Kris have told me I have to post or else. I try to do whatever they tell me to do. They scare me.

I'm not finished, but I'm getting close. I'm waiting for some organizing items (vertical paper holders, storage for tiny embellishments not pictured) to arrive and I have a cupboard and some drawers to finish going through.

Before:











































After: Storing stickers I donated to my kids and items I don't want little hands getting into un-supervised.












































Before:




























After: The 3-drawer organizer contains school supplies and kid craft stuff. I will label the drawers later so that things get put back where they belong. The stamps on the shelves (will also be labeled) are sets that I use often. Sayings, backgrounds, multi-purpose sort of stamps.





























Before: This cupboard and drawer represent the areas I'm still working on. I also didn't take true before pics of these spaces because I forgot.




















After: Some of the stuff has been sorted and relocated to this new space my hubby bought me for my birthday. These will be labeled when I'm finished, but since this cabinet is downstairs I stocked it with supplies I won't use for "everyday" crafting. I divided the cubby categories into seasons, boy, girl, wedding, animal (dog & zoo), and birthday. Once I get the paper into the vertical organizers, I need to buy small totes to put the embellishments that are in Ziplocs.













4 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice work, this makes me think of Mom's picture mess. Hmm hope I don't get in trouble for saying that. ha! Nice work. The real trip will be keeping it nice...

Melanie said...

I'm still fixing this postola.

Anonymous said...

I...
I.....
um......

Can Kris and I come over tonight and make your Stamp binder? I'm going to have to make two copies, or three, one for each of us! :)

I have to say... it was hard to picture what you were doing with your new cabinet, but I LIKE IT!! Great job, Mel!!!

Melanie said...

Thanks!