Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Braggin' Rights

Bill and I have been keepin' on with our new eating/exercise regimen. He has lost between 10 and 15 pounds (he didn't take a starting weight) and I've lost 9. I think I can speak for both of us and say that we've noticed a big difference.

Aside from him getting over a bad cold, Bill has so much more energy than he used to. I haven't really noticed an energy change, but my headaches are less frequent and mostly treatable with ibuprofen rather than my migraine medicine.

It's also been interesting to see how much better "real" food tastes vs. the convenience items. Like last night I made homemade oven french fries and they had so much more flavor than the frozen stuff. The kids loved them. Another favorite for Bill and I is homemade hummus. Laugh all you want, it's good!

We're not perfect. We have one or two cheater meals a week, but even those are scaled down, healthier cheats than what they used to be. I definitely think it's a change we plan to stick with.

0 comments: