Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cute Little Hammie

The little kids (and the dog) are always very excited when I get home from work. Hammie followed me back to the bedroom and told me all about what he ate for lunch and was being very sweet. Usually when I ask about school he says "just nuffin, Mom." I have an old habit of telling the kids "I always wanted one just like YOU" and today he said "I like you too Mom......I......wanted you......for Christmas." I sorta doubt that, but it was a nice sentiment anyway.

Ree on the other hand.....I made the mistake of singing along to her video and got "Mama! I'm gonna spank your butt!" She knows we say hiney or bottom, so using the other 'b' word was for effect. Naughty. She's sorta been like that all evening.

Then there is G. He told his buddies via headphone that he was now allowed to play video games a bit on school nights. I interjected that it was on a day by day basis and would be evaluated every Friday and he said "keep your two cents in your pocket, MOM. What's for dinner?"

I liked my conversation with Hammie the best!

2 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

Hammie is always such a sweet little boy. And Ree, well, I think she takes after the Galloway side. (sorry!). As far as G, he's a teenager, he can't help himself - it's the hormones talking. :-)

At least life's not boring at your house!

Anonymous said...

*snort*
G's comment made me laugh out loud!