Sunday, February 8, 2009

4.5 Miles

I haven't talked about my training on here for a while. I'll bet some of you thought I had fallen off the wagon, or treadmill. Nope, I've been plugging along. I have had a slightly sore right knee this week, but it's much better. Even after 4.5 miles this morning! Granted, I power-walked most of it, but I'm still proud of training through the teeny little injury. I skipped stretching before running 3 miles last Wednesday, then shopped for 3 hours. Won't do that again.

In other news......I went to a running store downtown Friday evening and had the best service I've experienced in a long time. The salesman had me roll up my jeans and walk around the store to get an idea for which type of shoe might work best for me. Then he picked out 3 pairs to start with. He asked lots of questions about my training plan and it seems like I'm on the right track.

I chose some Addidas shoes and they seem to be working great. I couldn't help but ask what colors the shoes came in at the very end. I am a girl, after all!

2 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

If your knee keeps bothering you, remind me to lend you my foam roller. It's what PT's use to massage & stretch the IT (iliotibial) band that runs from your hip to your knee. IT band problems commonly cause knee pain for runners and it's just a good preventative stretch to do regardless.
Keep it up, you're doing awesome!!

Melanie said...

After talking with you about this last night, I used Addie's tennis ball and ran my leg over it with all my body weight on the right side and you're right. It's my IT band, it hurt like hell. I'm going to see if I still have my foam roller, but if I don't I'd appreciate borrowing yours. I know they really help. Thanks!!