Sunday, February 1, 2009

Held Captive By A Cleaning Pre-Schooler

Hammie is on a cleaning binge. He's soooooo like his Dad. I'm totally cool with it, until he ropes me in. He just cleaned his room and put all the books and toys away in the living room. Then.....

Hammie: Mom, I'm gonna go clean Ree's room now.
Me: No you're not, but I appreciate your help.
Hammie: Mom I HAVE to.
Me: No, because her stuff goes in certain drawers. I will do it.
Hammie: (following me through the house) Mom, you need to do it NOW. Right NOW.
Me: I will do it, but I'm not doing it now. I have to go hang up clothes in the dryer.
Hammie: Auntie Lisa is going to be REAL mad at you.
Me: Why would Auntie Lisa be mad?
Hammie: Mom. Mom. Mom. MOM LOOK AT MY FACE. It's grumpy! It's grumpy because you won't clean Ree's room.

Send help now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously laughing outloud because SERIOUSLY... no boy behaves that way. You can't convince me of it because around here? My conversations go like this:
Me: Who peed on the floor? Somebody needs to come clean up this pee.
Them: ///insert crickets chirping\\\
Me: HEY! I SAID WHO PEED AND MISSED THE TOILET CUZ I KNOW IT WASN'T ME!
Them: ///insert sound of front door closing as they all escape with their lives.\\\
So... all I can say, is cherish this child. Never let him leave home.
Oh, and go clean Ree's room. Now.

Gardner Momma said...

Oh my gosh.... seriously - are you SURE that your children are related to mine?

Lisa said...

This CRACKS ME UP! And I am mad. You should harness this cleaning power and clean clean clean while you have someone helping! HAHA, funny that he associates me with cleaning...I just can't imagine why! I hope Lincoln gets this cleaning bug too.