Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Training Has Begun!

Even though I'm feeling overly sluggish today, I just did 1.5 miles on the treadmill. I've started reading anything I can find on training. It sounds like I need to start taking vitamin C (I know I should already be) and eating more green veggies. Oh and I need to check out this whole acai berry thing. I've seen it on a couple top 10 lists for healthy foods/supplements.

I have a quick, funny Ree story. It seems she enjoys turning the lights off in the gym at school. The teachers say she gets great enjoyment out of hearing all the kids squeal! She takes after her Dad. I did about anything I could to not attract attention to myself in school.

Tomorrow I will run 2 miles. I hope.

4 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

I should give you several of my back copies of Runners World. I keep them all because they're so informational and most of all motivating. Keep up the good work.
Check out this link: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-258-6851-0,00.html
I love anything Runners World. They're the best. You can do it!!!

Nancy said...

I wish you luck...even though I think you are nuts!! That will be quite a feat!!

Gardner Momma said...

Another really good website is coolrunning.com they have a good begginer 1/2 training program.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/134.shtml

Lisa said...

Crazy lady! Good luck and all my best...I'll be a sideline cheerleader...and that's all!