Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chicken Caesar Pitas

Here's a favorite recipe of Bill, G, and mine.

3 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 Tbs. soy sauce
3 cloves minced garlic (I cheat and use the jarred kind)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 large pita rounds, cut in half
Chopped romaine lettuce (I use 3/4 bag of pre-washed)
Caesar dressing (I use 1/4-1/2 cup non-creamy light Caesar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a gallon-size Ziploc, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add the chicken, seal bag, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Preheat oven to 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, remove chicken from marinade (throw away the marinade) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until done. Let the chicken cool on a plate for 15 min. Combine lettuce, dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Thinly slice the chicken and mix. Stuff into pitas and enjoy!

Serves 4

3 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW! I love the blogs! Gonna have to try the pitas. They look good! Love seeing all the pics. This is great since I don't see the kids in person that often...can watch them grow in these pics. :)

Lisa said...

I'm mad. You don't comment on my blog. Sniff Sniff.

Melanie said...

Thanks Nancy! Keep checking back, you never know what you may find.

Peah.....well, nevermind.