Monday, June 16, 2008

New Cell and Running

G's new cell arrived today! Here are some pics of him with his new cell phone. It's his first one, so it seemed noteworthy.



Here is Hammie cleaning out his wagon. It was a serious and important task! He's all about cleaning. Especially when it includes copious amounts of water.



Onto the running segment. I've said for years that I would never run. Well, never say never. For some reason I decided to take up running. So last night on our family walk we ran/walked a bit. Bill pulled the kids in the wagon and I trotted alongside every now and again. Then tonight G and I went running together. I'd say we ran about 2/3 of the route. It was hard! I don't know that my ribs have ever felt my lungs expand and contract that much and I actually work out pretty regularly. Oh and there's the issue of eating. I'll definitely not run less than 2 hours after dinner. Lesson learned there. I enjoyed it and will probably get back out there either tomorrow or Wednesday....depending on how I feel in the a.m.

Have a good Tuesday!

Melanie

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha, love Hammie's shirt....L would love that!

Sometimes I feel as though I'm all alone on this blog. Hello, hello, is there life out there?

Melanie said...

I know, it's like you can hear the crickets.

I'm that way with your blog, though. I'm a total lurker. I'll try to be better.

Gardner Momma said...

So proud of you that you're running! And yes, do not eat before a run, be glad you learned that lesson early on. It will get easier eventually... kind of. I love the pics of the kids!