Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Boy am I behind.

I haven't had time to sit down to Blog since Sunday. Been bizzy doing stuff, I guess.

We've been working really hard in our backyard all summer. It's been very neglected since the twins came along. Until this summer, they were too little to trust around gardening tools and we obviously couldn't leave them in the house alone while we did outside stuff. This year they're finally old enough to understand which tools they can play with and which they can't. Plus they're not taking naps anymore, so we can go outside during the day. We've really been enjoying getting back outside!

Another noteworthy yard topic, I was given a space from Mr. Galloway to plant a (very) small garden. I had lost my veggie garden privileges for many, many years. The summer after we were married I planted a veggie garden and neglected it horribly. What can I say? I was 23ish and obviously had better things to do than weed a garden. I'm proud to say I've been taking wonderful care of my zucchini, decorative gourds, and punkins. I've graduated from (flower) pot planter to garden caregiver! Bill is in charge of perennial beds. They're his pride and joy aside from ME and the kids. Once they're in full bloom, I'll post pics.

Here are a few pictures from our yard.





2 comments:

Lisa said...

Flowers are beautful but the garden, well it looks very scarce. I won't post pics of mine on my blog or you'll cry. :) tee hee

Melanie said...

smack talkin, huh? my poor garden doesn't get a ton of sun, but it's grown since this was taken.