Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cooking Ahead

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to cook some chicken so that I would have it for meals during this hectic week. Here's what I did night before last.


















Chicken cooking for salad and a new soup recipe. It's called Mulligatawny soup and Billiam was very excited to see it featured in our new copy of Family Fun magazine. Apparently it's a favorite of his in the hospital cafeteria. I made the soup....it was soooo yummy! G really loved it. I will post the recipe soon.

I love these inexpensive grinder spices. The steakhouse one is quite versatile.


















Brown rice for the soup.
























Here I've chopped peppers, celery, and carrots for the soup. All I will need to do is chop an apple (Billiam says this "totally makes it") and onion to toss in. I'm very freaky about combining veggies in one baggie. After I snapped this picture I put damp paper towels in the bags to keep the veggies from drying out. It's a trick my grandma taught us all.


















I plan to make spinach salads with chicken, low fat gorgonzola, sliced almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette. Easy peasy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Missy, get ready for a great post on my blog this weekend about my meal planning efforts. It's really been great and I even have a recipe to share...yes me...pick your jaw up and move on now. :)

Melanie said...

My jaw is back in place and I can't wait to see your post!