Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Still Going......

Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice about training! I'm still on track with my plan. I think my body is starting to get used to it, but it's been a little hard to adjust. I'm trying to get a feel for how my food and water needs are changing. My blood sugar got pretty low on Sunday before dinnertime and last night I could tell that the liter of water I'd had during the day wasn't enough. I think I'm slowly figuring it out, though.

My main obstacle is that there still aren't sidewalks to run on and it's dark before and after work. If there were sidewalks, I would feel semi-okay running in the dark, but the combination isn't safe. If I get up early, the treadmill will wake G up. So I'm forced to run on the treadmill right after work. That kinda throws a kink into the familial evening schedule. It'll get easier as we get closer to spring.

1 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

Running in the winter is challenging. I ran last winter with spikes on my shoes, they work really well. You can get them for only $25 - but I suppose that still doesn't solve the no-daylight problem. We have a strap-on head lamp you can borrow!!
I am so proud of you and so excited to see you do this!