Monday, January 26, 2009

"Rest" Week.......HA HAHAHAHHA

According to my running plan, this week is my rest week. That means I only have to train 4 days and they're shorter runs. Like, 2, 2, 2, 3 (miles). YAY!

However......I got out of bed at 11:20 last night because I realized I had forgotten to check Ree's backpack to see if there were any events I needed to plan for. Boy are there ever.

Tuesday - 2 hour class on how to prep Hammie (and Ree by default) for kindergarten. I actually was aware of this one. I think there are 3 of these classes and we will be trained on how to use the *free* materials at home. Kinda like {gasp} homeschooling.

Wednesday - 1 hour parent group meeting for Ree. The director is going to discuss the various kindergarten options and how they decide to place the kids in her class. Then we will hear from other parents who have had kids transition.

The first portion will be very helpful, but the second annoys me because I've learned that hearing other people's stories......doesn't prepare me in any way for what my own kid is going to encounter. Last year I was sick for this meeting and Bill came home very doom and gloomy. Every kid is different and I'd rather trust the experts and be optimistic than hear other people's horror stories. But that's just me. Hopefully I am expecting the worst and will be pleasantly surprised.

Thursday - Home visit with Ree's "staff." These are always good meetings because we get to hear how well she's doing. Hopefully this will cancel out the anxiety and fear I will have carried over from Wednesday's meeting.

So, the morale of this story.....this really isn't a rest week. At all. Tonight I plan to cook some chicken to use in recipes on our busy nights. That should help some.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Consider I'm going to check out a preschool on Wed. for my 14 month old because I emailed the director and she told me that some parents are booked out for their kids to enter in 2014 and it freaked me out, your post is timely and well, frightening. The good news for me, there are still spots for me the apparent procrastinator....even though I'm often told I plan way too much and should just wing it. Guess not on preschool. Oy!

Gardner Momma said...

I'm impressed that given all that you have to do this week that you still intend to actually cook for your family this week and actually are in fact planning ahead for it. I would be dialing up Pizza Hut if I were you. Hang in there!!